8CCC 102.1 FM Vocal training session with Trevor Ford
8CCC 102.1 FM Vocal training session with Trevor
Ford (more info below).
Session is from 2pm until 6pm on Sunday the 12th August. Free for members of 8CCC or $50 for non members. The session will be held at ALEC (the Arid Land Environment Centre) on the corner of Warburton and Lindsey Avenue (just down the road from 8CCC).
If you would like to attend please email Joy at
[email protected] or ring her at 0439 421 777. Limited spots
available so if interested get in quick!
Trevor Ford is South Australia’s best known voice and speech coach.
In a career spanning 35 years he has trained more than 3,000 students, including
about 400 for Radio Adelaide and the University of South Australia (Journalism). For
10 years he taught speech, voice and media writing in a pre-vocational program at
Hamilton Secondary College in Adelaide.
A former journalist and Radio News Director, he has been a Presenter, Newsreader
and Talkback host on Adelaide radio stations 5DN and 5AA.
Trevor was taught by Australia’s foremost voice and speech coach, London
Academy-trained the late A.Musgrave Horner, who was Senior Lecturer in Speech
Education at Adelaide Teachers College and Examiner in Speech and Drama for
the Australian Music Examination Board.
Good communication skills do not happen by chance; they happen by choice.
– Voice and Speech (what are we talking about?)
– Introduce the 47 sounds that make up the English language
– Finding your voice (sometimes the voice we use is not really ours? Whose is it,
– Test for nasality
– Say hello to your lungs. First, you must breathe….
– Exercises to improve breath control
– Common faults when speaking. Watching your t’s and d’s
– Learning the ‘shapes’ that define the sounds
– Using a mirror can help you to learn better shaping
– Shaping exercises
– Colour your day – the magic of vocal light and shade
– Reading techniques
– News- reading exercises.
Sunday 12 August 2012
- 2pm – 6pm
- ALEC (the Arid Land Environment Centre) on the corner of Warburton and Lindsey Avenue
- Free for members of 8CCC or $50 for non members