ALBARE – iTD Long Way
Albare will bring a free concert to the Olive Pink Botanic Garden, performing songs from his forthcoming album release entitled “Long Way” and his extensive back catalogue.
Long Way was recently recorded in New York, the first album to emerge from his new signing to prestigious German recording label Enja. Some of the world’s finest musicians play on Long Way and for one time only, this line up of international players will be visiting Australia to play.
The show line up includes:
– Triple Grammy Award winning drummer Antonio Sanchez
– Saxophonist George Garzone, a member of the Grammy winning Joe Lovano Nonet
– Leo Genovese, the avant-garde pianist who has toured with Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding;
– Hendrick Muerkens, the most important jazz harmonica player since Toots Thieleman;
– and Albare’s musical collaborator, bassist and composer, Evri Evripidou, whose inventive and electrifying use of six and seven string basses and a variety of electronic effects takes bass playing to the extreme.
Don’t miss this one off global event, featuring some of the world’s finest jazz musicians to ever share a stage in this country, all on the one evening. It is unlikely to be repeated!
Produced by Matthias Winckelmann, the new album Long Way, will be released thru Enja locally on April 20th.
Visit albare.info for more information
Olive Pink Botanic Garden, Tuncks Road, Alice Springs
Enquiries: (08) 8952 2154 / http://www.albare.info
On Thursday the 7th of August at 3:30pm there is the opportunity to attend workshops with Albare and his band. These workshops will cater to musicians from of varying skill levels from beginner to advanced so don’t be afraid to sign up!
Sign up here
Thursday 7 June 2012
- Olive Pink Botanic Garden, Tuncks Road, Alice Springs