Audition in May for an Actor/Musician to train as a Clown Doctor for work in the Alice Springs Hospital!
Wish list of skills for this work
- Ability to improvise as a duo to connect with families, staff and especially children in a hospital setting.
- Experience in working cross culturally and with a range of people from diverse back grounds
- Display ability or a willingness to learn the ukulele or other musical instrument and sing or have a background with physical theatre
- Have a good sense of humour and enjoy acting the fool with sensitivity and awareness
- Ability to make people laugh
Want to know more. Free Info Session Thursday 03 May:
Meet the Alice Springs Clown Doctors. Try a little clowning fun. Hear our stories. See a short DVD of clown doctors in 20 hospitals around Australia. Find out what is involved. What are the next steps (Observation round then audition later in May) if you are interested in becoming a clown doctor.
Join us for free info session on Thursday 03may12 1630-1800 at Red Hot Arts 67 Bath St (opposite Kmart) in Alice Springs. Or phone us.
For more information or expression of interest to audition
Call Miranda on 0448 688033 or Chris on 0400 262448 or http://www.clowndoctors.org.au