CALLING ALL NORTHERN TERRITORY PLAYWRIGHTS
During February-June 2016 Mary Anne Butler will be based at Browns Mart to facilitate an extended play development program.
The purpose is to develop existing plays towards production, and the program will involve master classes, prescribed readings and one-on-one script dramaturgy -culminating in live rehearsed readings of all scripts.
Entry to the program requires either:
- a first draft, full length play, OR
- a concept and some substantial scenes towards a full length play
* Full length is defined as 60+ minutes of stage time.
Selection is by competitive application, as follows. What we need from you:
- A full copy of your draft play OR written concept and scenes of the play you want to develop
- What are the strengths of your play (250 words)
- What are the challenges of your play? (250 words)
- What do you hope to get out of this initiative? (200 words)
- Aspirations for your play post-project? (200 words)
By applying you also agree to commit to:
- Attending a fortnightly master class / skill-sharing session [3 hours]
- Engaging in 2-3 dramaturgical / feedback sessions across the five months
Sessions will be held face-to-face in both Darwin and Alice Springs, balanced with electronic communication. For remote participants, all communication will be via electronic mediums.
Applications are due close of business on Friday January 22, 2016.
For any direct queries relating to the application process, please email
11 November – 22 January 2016