Sales and Marketing Officer – Tjanpi Desert WeaversBuy tickets online now
Sales and Marketing Officer – Tjanpi Desert Weavers
– Are you passionate about working for a dynamic Indigenous social enterprise?
– Use your sales and marketing experience to ensure our sustainability for the benefit of women in Central Australia!
– Combine your sales and marketing experience with an interest in the Arts!
We’re looking to attract an enthusiastic and self-motivated person that promotes the work of Tjanpi and helps drive our growth through sales and marketing.
You need to believe in Tjanpi to sell it!
Tjanpi Desert Weavers (Tjanpi) was initiated by NPY Women’s Council in 1995 in response to an expressed need by Anangu women for meaningful and culturally appropriate employment. Since 1995, Tjanpi (meaning ‘dry grass’) has evolved into a vital and dynamic Indigenous social enterprise of NPY Women’s Council and enables women on the lands to earn a regular income from selling their fibre art.
The ideal person will have 2-3 years’ sale and marketing experience and be open to learning about aboriginal culture and the arts. This is a fast paced role in a dynamic team and you will be used to managing competing priorities whilst being flexible and going the extra mile.
The successful person will be professional and helpful and someone who enjoys interacting with customers on a daily basis over the telephone, on email or in person.
In addition, this is a sales and marketing role that requires resilience, a roll up your sleeves attitude and a target focus.
Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara (NPY) Women’s Council is a leading community service organisation that provides a range of programs to women, children and their families. Our work spans across 350,000 square kilometres of Central Australia and is critical to building and maintaining a better future for all Anangu communities within the region.
This is your opportunity to make a real impact alongside a dedicated, skilled and supportive group of people. The organisation is committed to working within the NPY lands for the benefit of Anangu people in the region and you will work in an environment and landscape unique to Australia.
The work can be challenging but the rewards are significant.
– Full Time, Permanent position.
– To apply, or find out more information please go to our website. http://www.npywc.org.au/recruitment/ and complete an online application form along with submitting a comprehensive cover letter and resume.
– Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 23rd October 2017.
– For initial enquiries please contact Michelle Young (Tjanpi Desert Weavers Manager) on 08 8958 2336.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
13 – 23 October 2017
- Alice Springs