Vacancy ART CENTRE MANAGER – AURUKUN QLD
Applications are invited for this exciting position with Aurukun Shire Council, which is located on West Cape York, 2 hours flight from Cairns. Aurukun, population 1,400, is a township with housing, community and business infrastructure being rapidly developed
The Art Centre Manager position is hands on and requires a combination of both arts sector skills, business management skills experience and commitment to living and working in an indigenous community.
• An understanding of working with Indigenous people and communities, experience in community development;
• Demonstrated ability to manage a small business and business management capabilities including sales and marketing; financial administration and efficient office procedures;
• Demonstrated understanding of governance requirements;
• Understanding of professional gallery practice and curating, with contemporary knowledge of Arts industry standards and policies.
• Demonstrated successful experience in sourcing and managing funding grants and philanthropic support.
• Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with community members, employees and stakeholders and a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
for the full job package
Additional enquiries please contact Julie Hall on (07) 4060 6855
Applications Closing date, Monday 8th December 2014.
17 November – 8 December 2014