The Arts Incubator
Red Hot Arts Central Australia plays an important role in supporting the creative development of local artists, providing space, professional guidance and creative provocation through the arts incubator program. Artists of all disciplines are encouraged to participate. The main goal of the arts incubator program is to foster the artistic development of artists in Central Australia. There are three streams: – PROCESS – PRESENTATION – THE INCUBATOR RESIDENCY.
For more information, please read the guidelines of The Incubator Program 2015 & 2016.
PROCESS & PRESENTATION
Artists can receive support focused on the process and the presentation of an artistic project:
Artists will receive support in the development of their arts practice. We give artists the flexibility to join the program at any time of the year on a casual basis. There is a monthly fee payable by the artists:
- Circular, $32/month (value $197). Benefits:
- 1 week hot desk
- 4h rehearsal
- 2h mentoring by RHACA senior staff
- Semicircular, $16/month (value$46). Benefits:
- 3 days hot desk
- 2h rehearsal space
To join, please contact Red Hot Arts Central Australia via email at [email protected] .
2. Presentation – Let Me See: Arts & Health
Artists will receive support in the presentation of their project at ‘Let Me See: Arts & Health’, Friday 15 and Saturday 16 April 2016 at National Pioneer Women Hall of Fame. (NPWHF).
THE INCUBATOR RESIDENCY
Red Hot Arts Central Australia enables artists to work on their artistic project during up to 12 months, allowing time to research, explore and experiment with new ideas. Artists can apply with an idea or a concept that they are willing to develop. Artists of all disciplines are encouraged to participate. We invite artists to outline why the project will be beneficial for the growth of their practice, articulating what is explored, why and how the project is relevant to audiences.
The incubator residency applicants will receive the following support:
- $2,000 cash – artists fees
- $1,500 in-kind support, including:
- Up to 100 hours of rehearsal space
- Office space
- Professional mentorship: creative support and guidance in developing a sustainable arts practice
- production support for presentation
- Public Liability when using the Red Hot Arts Space (restrictions may apply)
- Provide promotional assistance, including links from our website and use of Red Hot Arts Central Australia’s mailing list
- Resources for identifying available grants
- Assistance in scheduling the rehearsal space
- Create win/win partnerships
- Initiate and develop artistic collaborations
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CLOSE: 30 October 2015
Applications should be emailed in PDF to [email protected]
NOTIFICATION: November 2015
THE COSMIC JOKER (Incubator project – 2015)
Mr. Om ( Ludovic Dumas) Ludovic Dumas (Ludo), an active local artist, has been the successful artist for the second round of The Arts Incubator Residency, announced on Friday 3 October. Ludo is a renowned contact juggler that has performed in different festivals around the world. He is internationally recognized for his stunning and skilful routines and visually captivating performances. Throughout his extensive solo career and the creation of Aya Contemporary Circus, he has constantly been inspired by visual elements in order to tell a story. He is currently director/mentor of Ninja Circus, an Indigenous youth circus troupe in Mutitjulu.