Watch This Space Gallery and Artist Run Initiative
Watch This Space is an Artist Run Initiative
The only contemporary experimental art space in Central Australia, Watch This Space (WTS) has played a critical role in the creative ecology of Mparntwe/Alice Springs over the past 24 years. WTS is a catalyst and conduit for conversations and experiments in the always-evolving languages of art. It supports contemporary art dialogue in the region both inside and outside a gallery space, encouraging, nurturing and promoting Central Australian and visiting artists. It is an ARI hub where studio artists and exhibiting artists intersect, housing a diversity of creative practices.
WTS aims to
- Create opportunities for local artists’ work to be discovered and made visible through hosting contemporary art exhibitions.
- Provide opportunities for local, interstate and international artists to enrich the artistic and cultural life of Alice Springs through the delivery of
high quality contemporary art activities.
- Foster an inclusive creative community of artists who share skills and experiences with each other by accessing the onsite gallery and studio space.
- Offer professional development opportunities for artists including artistic/cultural collaborations and skills development.
- Nurture the full breadth of contemporary art activities including multi-disciplinary art forms, new media and installation work.