- This event has passed.
Administration Officer – Part Time
Fri September 18 @ 8:00 am - Mon October 5 @ 9:00 am
|Job Title:||Administration Officer – Part Time|
|Location:||Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, Alice Springs|
|Terms:||Part time, 3 Days per week (Wednesday – Friday)|
|Package:||$65,000 pa (pro rata) + 9.5% super|
|Responsible to:||Central Australia Manager|
|Closing date:||9am, 5 October 2020|
MAGNT values diversity in the workplace which is representative of the community we serve. Therefore this role is identified as a Special Measures position and applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent will be given priority selection for this vacancy if all essential selection criteria and suitability at the position level is met.
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is the Northern Territory’s premier cultural institution. It offers a dynamic and diverse arts, science and cultural program to more than 300,000 visitors each year. We are both a museum and art gallery with collections, exhibitions and programs across our core areas of Aboriginal culture, natural sciences, history and art focussing on Northern and Central Australia and our near neighbours.
MAGNT’s objective is to maintain the highest standards of excellence in preserving, researching, exhibiting and communicating the record of natural history, art and peoples of the Northern Territory. Our vision is to be a world-class museum connecting people and stories of the Northern Territory. MAGNT has seven venues: Bullocky Point, the Defence of Darwin Experience, Fannie Bay Gaol, Lyons Cottage, the Museum of Central Australia -incorporating the Strehlow Research Centre (MCA), Megafauna Central (MFC) and the Alcoota fossil site.
Reporting to the Central Australia Manager, this position assists with the administration of all aspects of Alice Springs daily operations at the Museum of Central Australia -incorporating the Strehlow Research Centre (MCA), Megafauna Central (MFC), including facilities management, rostering of Visitor Experience Officers, admissions, retail, program bookings and events.
- Develop and coordinate administration procedures and protocols for MCA & MFC
- Assist with accounts payable for the Facilities and Operational Services Unit as required
- Maintain and monitor merchandise stock at MCA & MFC and report on income as required
- Liaise with contractors and arrange urgent minor maintenance for MCA & MFC
- Monitor and arrange schedules for cleaning of MCA & MFC buildings and grounds
- Supervise, lead and develop the Visitor Experience team to ensure a strong team culture in consultation with the Central Australia Manager & Visitor Experience Coordinator (Darwin)
- Prepare and monitor VEO rosters for both MCA & MFC to meet operational needs
- Monitor and report on Alice Springs venues for visitor attendance figures, feedback, visitor surveys and complaint resolution
- Maintain MAGNT asset register where required for stocktakes, labelling and disposal of Government assets held by MCA & MFC
- Under direction, assist with the delivery of public programs and venue hire
- On occasion perform other duties or special projects in addition to the above key responsibilities as appropriateSelection Criteria:
- Minimum three years’ general experience in business, administration and procurement processes
- Experience as a team leader or supervisor in a customer service environment with demonstrated experience in the development of rosters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level oral and written communication skills including the ability to enter data accurately and efficiently in an environment requiring performance of multiple tasks and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to use a range of software applications including POS systems
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment
- An appreciation for cultural diversity and an ability to work with people from varied backgrounds
- Knowledge of current museum exhibition principles and practices
- Experience in NTG software systems, EIMS, TRIM, VBS, TRIPS etc.
- Senior First Aid qualifications or the ability to obtain
- Working with Children Clearance (Ochre card) or the ability to obtain
- Northern Territory Driver’s Licence
- Flexible work hours may be required to meet operational needs.
- This role statement is intended to provide an overall view of the role but in addition to this document, the specifics of the role will be described in business work plans.
- MAGNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have full Australian work rights.
- Applications must address the selection criteria (two A4 pages only) and include three referee contacts. Referees will not be contacted without prior consent.
Submit applications via email: email@example.com by 9am, 5 October 2020