- This event has passed.
Captain Starlight – Alice Springs Hospital
October 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 6, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Want to be a superhero? I mean a real superhero, with a cape and everything!**
Are you a highly skilled performer?
Do you have what it takes to be a Captain Starlight?
We are so excited to start auditioning for our brand new team based in Alice Springs! We have both 12 and 24 month contract opportunities available to deliver exceptional experiences and make a BIG impact in Central Australia.
Starlight Children’s Foundation brightens the lives of seriously ill children and their families. All Starlight programs recognise the importance of play, fun and social interaction to the health and wellbeing of children and young people. And that’s where Captain Starlight flies in.
Captain Starlight is a superhero from the Planet Starlight. While other superheros are busy chasing non-existent baddies with questionable nicknames, ours capture the imagination of seriously ill children, entertaining them with their own unique brand of fun, laughter and joy. Captain Starlight distracts children from the pain, fear and boredom that hospitalisation brings.
Our Captain Starlights are a team of over 150 professional performers, trained to help children and young people through some of their most challenging moments. You’ll find Captains in every major paediatric hospital in Australia and we’re currently recruiting for our new and unique Program in the Alice Springs Hospital!
When you become a Captain Starlight, you’ll get:
- Flexibility around other performance commitments
- Performance workshops with leading industry professionals
- The chance to work alongside with other talented actors / performers
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of seriously ill children and their families
To be an amazing Captain Starlight, you’ll need to have:
- A diverse range of entertainment (performance) expertise
- Experience working with children
- Sensitivity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Personal effectiveness, positivity, enthusiasm. honesty and integrity
- Comfortable flying in small aircraft, as we fly to remote communities!
- Specific skills to entertain and engage children, such as balloon making, face painting, magic and music, are desirable.
Not only will you be an actual superhero, this is an incredible opportunity to strengthen your performance skills while making a difference. Relocation benefits are also on offer to assist successful applicants.
Starlight’s vision for reconciliation is to embed values of awareness, acknowledgement and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their culture within our organisation. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
We are committed to providing positive experiences in an environment that’s caring, nurturing and safe. Successful applicants will therefore undertake a Working With Children Check and a National Police Check.
Apply today, or for more information, please email Nicola Darcy at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Captain Starlights are not required to wear their underwear on the outside. That’s just weird.