National Library of Australia Fellowships – Now Open
Mon April 26
The National Library of Australia, in partnership with its generous sponsors and donors, offers researchers an opportunity to undertake a 12-week residency at the Library. Applicants may work in any field or discipline where the Library’s collections have appropriate depth and breadth to support the desired outcomes.
Fellowships are available to researchers who require onsite access to the Library’s uniquely held or extensive collections to advance their research towards publication or other public outcomes. Fellowships will:
- contribute to a greater public understanding or knowledge of the Library’s collections
- promote discussion through research which informs and engages contemporary discourse.
- enhance the national and international reputation of the National Library as an institution of major research significance.
- actively promote the research experience and outcomes
Funded Fellowships will also receive the following financial support:
- an honorarium of AUD $1,000 per week for 12 weeks
- accommodation support of AUD $700 per week for 12 weeks if required (not payable to residents in the Canberra region)
- reimbursement of travel costs equivalent to one return domestic airfare to Canberra (not payable to residents in the Canberra region), subject to substantiation of the expenditure. Reimbursement of international travel is capped at AUD $2,500, and limited to one return flight.
Applications close 26 April 2021