- This event has passed.
Spark Grants – Open Now
Mon March 30 @ 12:00 am - Fri April 10 @ 11:59 pm
Amidst these times of increasing uncertainty, physical distancing and self-isolation measures, RHA are working hard to counter the limitations we are all now subject to by creating opportunities and developing strategies to support our members, local artists and the wider arts sector here in in Central Australia. In response to the current and ever-changing situation, we are offering several quick response grants to local artists designed to enable them to continue working and professionally developing from home. Grants of up to $700 are available. We acknowledge that the financial support these grants can offer are limited, so we do not expect huge outputs. They are designed to provide immediate support and allow artists to continue working and preparing for the months to come.
Eligible expenses and activities can include but are not limited to:
- Creation of work, particularly that are designed to be made accessible to the public through online platforms
- Artist wages to professionally develop through online activities
- Paying for online mentoring, tutorials, classes (various classes and workshops delivered from local arts practitioners can be found through RHA’s website www.redhotarts.com.au)
- Subscriptions to online platforms for delivering services or exhibiting online eg. Zoom, Vimeo, Squarespace
- Purchase of equipment or materials to enable working from home (max 20% of total funding)
Applications are open now and close Friday 10th April.
Successful applicants will be notified by April 17th. Should your application be successful, brief reporting on activities will be required.
If you have any question or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com or call Madeleine on 0406 610 453
Sending much love and solidarity to all the people of Mparntwe. Stay safe xx
And a big thank you to the Tim Fairfax Family Foundation for making this initiative possible!