- This event has passed.
VACANCY: Visitor Experience Officers (2 positions available)
January 21, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - February 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
|Job Title:||Visitor Experience Officers (2 positions available)|
|Location:||Museum of Central Australia & Megafauna Central, Alice Springs|
|Package:||$35 per hour inclusive of loadings, plus 9.5% superannuation|
|Responsible to:||Central Australia Manager|
|Closing date:||Monday, 1 February 2021|
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is northern Australia’s premier cultural institution. It offers a dynamic and diverse arts, science and cultural program to approximately 300,000 visitors each year. We are both a museum and art gallery with collections, exhibitions and programs across our core areas of Aboriginal culture, natural sciences, history and art focussing on Northern and Central Australia and our near neighbours.
MAGNT’s objective is to maintain the highest standards of excellence in preserving, researching, exhibiting and communicating the record of natural history, art and peoples of the Northern Territory. Its vision is to be a world-class museum connecting people and stories of the Northern Territory. MAGNT has seven venues, Bullocky Point, the Defence of Darwin Experience, Fannie Bay Gaol, Lyons Cottage, the Museum of Central Australia (incorporating the Strehlow Research Centre), Megafauna Central and the Alcoota fossil site.
This position will work across Megafauna Central (MFC) and at the Museum of Central Australia (MCA), in Alice Springs.
This position will assist in all aspects of the Museum’s daily frontline operations, including customer service, admissions, safety & security, retail, program bookings, events, program delivery and administration.
Under direction from the Manager duties will typically encompass the following key responsibilities:
- Provide a courteous, comprehensive and efficient information service to visitors
- Assist with the coordination of Museum events including all aspects of preparation and pack down
- Monitor and report on visitor feedback, visitor surveys and complaint resolution
- Operate an efficient ticketing system for admissions and program bookings
- Invigilate galleries and provide information to visitors about current exhibitions
- Enforce regulations governing the protection and security of exhibits and objects
- Assist with the Museum’s emergency response procedures in the event of an emergency
- Provide a clean, presentable, safe and accessible environment at all times
- On occasion to perform other duties or special projects in addition to the above key responsibilities as appropriate
- Demonstrated two years’ experience in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated skills in the use of systems related to ticketing, booking or point of sale systems
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment
- An appreciation for cultural diversity and an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- High level oral and written communication skills, an outgoing friendly manner in dealing with the public and the ability to interact with visitors in a sensitive, culturally appropriate and responsible way
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Knowledge of current museum exhibition principles and practices
- Senior First Aid qualifications or the ability to obtain
- Working with Children Clearance (Ochre card) or the ability to obtain
- Northern Territory Driver’s License
- An interest in the arts or cultural organisations
Other relevant information:
- The successful applicant will be required to work across a rotational seven-day roster, including weekends and public holidays. The incumbent may also be required to work during evening events and extended Museum opening hours.
- This role statement is intended to provide an overall view of the role but in addition to this document, the specifics of the role will be described in business work plans.
- MAGNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have full Australian work rights.
- Applications must address the selection criteria (two A4 pages only)
- Include three referee contacts. Referees will not be contacted without prior consent.
For further information visit our website at www.magnt.net.au/careers
Contact Joe de Beer on 08 8951 1101 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit application via email email@example.com by 1 February 2021