Watch This Space
Watch This Space is an Artist Run Initiative
The only contemporary experimental art space in Central Australia, Watch This Space (WTS) has played a critical role in the creative ecology of Mparntwe/Alice Springs over the past 24 years. WTS is a catalyst and conduit for conversations and experiments in the always-evolving languages of art. It supports contemporary art dialogue in the region both inside and outside a gallery space, encouraging, nurturing and promoting Central Australian and visiting artists. It is an ARI hub where studio artists and exhibiting artists intersect, housing a diversity of creative practices.
WTS aims to
- Create opportunities for local artists’ work to be discovered and made visible through hosting contemporary art exhibitions.
- Provide opportunities for local, interstate and international artists to enrich the artistic and cultural life of Alice Springs through the delivery of
high quality contemporary art activities.
- Foster an inclusive creative community of artists who share skills and experiences with each other by accessing the onsite gallery and studio space.
- Offer professional development opportunities for artists including artistic/cultural collaborations and skills development.
- Nurture the full breadth of contemporary art activities including multi-disciplinary art forms, new media and installation work.
- There were no results found.